As a Canfin Budget & Credit Counsellor
You will be working with clients who are struggling financially and feel that they need the help of a budget/credit counsellor. By using your education, experience and training you will assist clients in determining why they are in debt, and to find ways to deal with the problem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counselling will help clients to establish a realistic plan for managing their money.
- You will help clients find other options if budgeting alone can't solve their financial problems.
- Assist clients in determining what aspects of their spending habits are problematic and have serious repercussions on their lifestyle.
- Implement the plan with the client and provide periodic follow-up services
- Refer the client to a professional trustee if budgeting and/or credit counselling is not working to explore Bankruptcy or Consumer Proposal solutions.
Working conditions vary widely. Budget & Credit Counsellors often divide their time between face to face contact with clients and completing assessments, case studies, plans and reports. Direct practice may include interviewing clients in their homes, family counselling sessions, attending meetings and coordinating services with other helping professionals. Often times, you may have to conduct counselling sessions, seminars and workshops which may require evening or weekend work.
A Canfin Budget and Credit Counsellor must have the following characteristics for this demanding profession:
- Maturity and emotional stability
- Ability to be non-judgmental
- High energy
- Sensitivity to and an understanding of beliefs and values not your own
- Good communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and good judgment
Budget and Credit counsellors should enjoy working with and counselling people, finding innovative solutions to problems and taking responsibility for their work.
For more information on a career as a Canfin Budget and Credit Counsellor, please request a confidential and personal interview by filling in the Get Career Info form. Click Here
Make a clever career move...
Committed to providing solutions for your future needs.
Click here to Login to View Your Account