A CANFIN FINANCIAL GROUP planner is someone who develops personal financial plans for individuals and families. They analyze clients' net worth, financial resources, lifestyle preferences and goals, and make recommendations regarding how clients can achieve their financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In general, our financial planners:
- Help clients gather information from bank account records, income tax returns, life and disability insurance records, pension plan information and wills.
- Help clients calculate their net worth
- Help clients identify personal and financial goals and objectives
- Explain and compare financial products
- Make recommendations regarding how clients can achieve their financial goals and objectives
- Help clients implement plans or refer them to other financial services or professionals
- Build and maintain a client base by keeping current client plans up to date and recruiting new clients on an ongoing basis
- Meet with financial product representatives
- Maintain detailed client files.
Fee for service planners with CANFIN base their fees on the value of the client's assets or on an hourly rate. Our recommendations may include suggestions that clients buy particular products or referrals to other professionals (accountants, lawyers, investment representatives) or institutions (for example, lending institutions). Clients may implement financial plans themselves.
All CANFIN FINANCIAL GROUP planners may work alone or with others in fully equipped offices, or work from home. Many of our financial planners travel to meetings at clients' homes or businesses. They may work evenings and weekends as well as regular office hours.
A CANFIN FINANCIAL GROUP planner must have the following characteristics:
- Good listening and communication skills
- Respect for client confidentiality
- The ability to understand complex financial documents such as wills, insurance policies, pension plans, financial statements and tax regulations
- Entrepreneurial and business marketing skills
- A willingness to keep up to date and consider new approaches to problem-solving
- The ability to balance their clients' interests with their range of services
- Confidence in their knowledge and suggestions.
They should enjoy taking a methodical approach to gathering information, analyzing information and finding innovative solutions to problems, consulting with people and directing their activities.
For more information on a career as a CANFIN Fee-Only Financial Planner, please request a confidential and personal interview by filling in the Get Career Info form. Click Here
Make a clever career move...
- Competitive Payout
- Weekly and Monthly Education Sessions
- Business Development Conferences
- Up to Date Internet Back Office Systems
- Knowledgeable Support Team
- Network of Investment, Personal Accident, Sickness and Health Insurance, Mortgage, Tax, and Business Insurance Specialists